03 März 2009

Street Art Creating Street Wear

As I mentioned recently I have to present a paper to my art teacher as one part of making my A-level.
My topic has to do something with street art and its developing from vandalism to acknowledged art. It is a really interesting topic, because stree tart effects our daily lifes while graffiti/stencils/poster/sticker etc can be spottet in every street of your city/village.
It is also very interesting because I get to know a great clothing brand during my research. The brand has been developed from a sticker campaign called "Andre The Giant Has A Posse" started by the street art artist Sherpard Fairey. He took a picture of a sportsman simplified it and spread it on stickers all over the world.
Here are some pictures from their ss09 collection:

This is the picture on the sticker, which got the ball rolling.

Click here to view larger image


Click here to view larger image


Click here to view larger image



Click here to view larger image


Click here to view larger image



(source: obeyclothing.com)

In my opinion the collection is fresh and colourful like spring and summer and absolutly wearable, when you get about a lot in the streets. It is totally nice street wear.
So street art has been transformed into street wear(what a conclusion=D) .

1 Kommentar:

  1. That shirt is fantastic. I love that the streetart movement influenced a designer--I love seeing those stickers too!

    AntwortenLöschen