05 Dezember 2011

Music Monday: "Hearts and Flowers"


When the days are becoming really short and the nights are feeling endless, I only feel like cuddling up inside a blanket, drinking warm tea, reading good books and listening to old music. My favourite music is played by a grammophone and reminding me of old movies. One of the famous ones, which I state here as an example, is "Moon River", which reminds me of "Breakfast at Tiffany's".
The one I discovered today is "Hearts and Flowers", which is played by the Victor Orchestra conducted by Walter B. Rogers and  acoustically recorded 09.10.1908. I read about it in the short story "The Golden Honeymoon" written by Ring Lardner and immediately had the urge to find the song and listen to it. I love the cracks coming from the needle and the melancholic carrying melody. It fits to this season. I hope you enjoy it, too.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen