07 Oktober 2009

Reasons For Working As A Caretaker In Israel


Three weeks ago, I made my last entry. If you want to know why, read on. I am sorry that this is not really fashion related, but I think you should at least know where I am at the moment and why I can’t post so frequently.

As I may have written on my blog, I passed my Abitur this summer . Because of that I had to think about what to do next. I didn’t have any idea what I wanted to do in life before I graduated and I still haven’t. There are some vague thoughts about, but I am not quite sure about realizing them yet.

Besides my boyfriend told me, he wanted to go to Israel to help disabled people in a village named “Kfar Rafael”. Maybe you can imagine, that I was kind of sad that he may go there without me and I didn’t thought about going there. I have never been away from home for more than a month, so I was too scared to even think about going to Israel.

In the end, I changed my mind, because I realized that I wanted to do something totally different in/with my life than I did for the last years and that I couldn’t let my boyfriend go alone.

Now I am in Kfar Rafael, a small remedial community nearby Beer Sheba, taking care of three disabled woman, who are like the sweetest persons in the world, and working in the laundry of the village and I have to say that I don’t regret my decision yet.

Due to the slow internet connection and the packed time schedule I won’t have the time to post an entry more than once a week and I won’t be able to post a lot of pictures.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen